CITB Health & Safety Awareness
CITB Health & Safety Awareness 1 Day Course
This one day course can be for those who have entered, or are
about to enter, the construction and civil engineering industry.
The course gives delegates an awareness of health and safety
and how it affects their daily role. It can be used as
preparation training for the CITB Health, Safety and Environment
test or as refresher training.
This course is the first step towards a CSCS Labourers Card
(Green Card) and to the progressive CITB Site Safety Plus courses
that range from operative training, up to Supervisor, Site Manager
and Director of Health and Safety courses.
Changes to the CSCS Green Card from 1st July
If you work as a labourer you can take the Construction Skills
route when applying for the new Green Card.
You will need to provide evidence that you have achieved at
least a Level 1 Site Safety Plus Heath and Safety Awareness
You must also pass the CITB operatives touch screen test within
two years prior of applying for a new card.
The total cost for this one day course is £120 and includes
workbook, registration and certificate. ILA (Individual Learning
Accounts) can be accepted as payment.
The minimum requirement is a good understanding of written and
Aims and Objectives of the Course
To confirm that individual responsibilities are understood:
- why they are responsible for their known duties
- what is expected of them
- to ensure that they contribute to the safety of the
Successful delegates will gain knowledge and skills in:
- Understand the need to prevent accidents and incidents.
- Have an understanding of health and safety law
- Identify how their role fits into the control and management of
- Understand the need for method statements and risk
- Be aware of the need to perform safely and to stop and ask for
advice if not sure
- feel obliged to report unsafe acts to prevent an accident
- Their responsibilities for their own safety and the safety of
- Typical construction hazards and how these are controlled
- How everyone can help achieve better practical standards of
safety on site
- Legal requirements and liabilities
- Working at height
- Manual Handling
- Fire prevention
- Work equipment
- Occupational Health
This is a highly interactive course delivered by means of case
studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual/group
presentations. Delegates will be continuously assessed and will
have to successfully complete a multiple-choice exam.
Call us now on 01292 886664 to find out more and book your